Monday, February 16, 2009

Ritual

A ritual I continually take part in, even though it isn't founded in much logic, is wiping down my electric guitar before every time I play. I had gotten this guitar when I was a junior in high school and upon purchasing it, thought it was my most beautiful possession. I still believe it is as beautiful to this day, and I assume my constant shammying of the guitar is some sort of subconscious thing to assure myself it is maintaing its good looks. If I don't wipe down the guitar before I play, it feels unclean and unplayable. Immediately after my ritual, I feel as if I can play better and my guitar seems to sound cleaner. I don't know if I will stop this ritual because it doesn't do harm to me or my guitar, but it is one I have found myself taking part it without knowing exactly why.  

No comments:

Post a Comment