Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rituals

I don't believe that there is anything i do in my life consistantly or ritualistically, aside from the everyday basic routine. However, i do have a certain security blanket that i often wrap myself in when feeling the need to escape. I often draw for pleasure in order to feel as though i'm actually accomplishing something. It's a great feeling to sit down with a blank piece of paper and a pen and create whatever i desire. Art is a way for me to escape from the noise and chaos that is everyday by centering myself around one object and having that object hold my complete attention for a period of time. When im drawing i don't need to talk, or listen. It isn't even really necessary to think. Being able to sit, relax, and rest the mind is a great thing, but when an end product results in such activity, it makes one feel even more at ease. I usually take between 30 minutes and 3 hours a day on my art, creating a portfolio to, hopefully, someday, frame and sell. The only consequence for my daily art time is the just that. It takes time, and i can often get so caught up in drawing that time goes by faster than expected, leaving little time left for homework or other things that should probably come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment