Monday, February 16, 2009

Rituals

There are a number of different rituals that I can remember having as a kid, but none of which seemed as important as some rituals I had on some of the teams I was on in high school. In hockey, we would all align ourselves in numerical order on the blue line for the national anthem. In soccer, we would listen to the same warm up c-d as we did our pare-game warm ups. We would huddle up on the field right before the game started to just get ourselves ready. These are just things that I have gotten to share with my friends and teammates over the years. It is a way to bond and come together as a team. We wouldn't have to question one another as to when we do this or that. Everyone was on the same page, and its a great feeling and experience to share with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment