Thursday, January 29, 2009

Contact Zones

Hmm, a contact zone? What would I choose when posed with this question, for me I could pick the obvious and go with the Champlain community, but I feel this is way to easy because we all come from different backgrounds and have different stories that make us a diverse group. I would like to mention that on a broader scale is that the Diabetic Community is a diverse and very large contact zone.

This would be a contact zone because it is made up of various cultures all connected because of a condition that has affected them in ways that are different for everyone. I have different views that others may not have along with cultural views that differ from people who say may live in England. The thing that we all share is that we need to take care of our bodies and keep an active lifestyle (this may be harder for some than others). Although this may not be an obvious choice for a contact zone I feel that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment