Friday, January 16, 2009

"Entangling Roots" Response

I found Jeff Lessard's piece of writing quite interesting. I liked this essay because it was a real eye opener for me. I didn't know that the play of video games could be considered an "addiction" for some of the people that chose to take part in video game play. I can understand that a player can really enjoy playing a game, but I never thought it was an actual problem for some people to put down their controller. The fact that there are even facilities for people to go that have an addiction towards video games is a shock. When I think of the term addiction, I usually relate it to people that have problems with alcohol or cigarettes, not video games. I think the information that Jeff Lessard presented made this piece of writing good. All the facts and information were important to Jeff's message and it was convincing. It made me believe that maybe video games are a problem in society for certain people.

No comments:

Post a Comment