Monday, January 26, 2009

My Culinary Contact Zone

As a fan of the culinary arts, the "culinary community" is my most identifiable community. I think a contact zone for my community would be the kitchen. When your cooking all types of conversations arise, from cultural background to political debates, it's the perfect environment to vent your thoughts, and listen to people who have like interests.
Another contact zone might be culinary school. The classroom would provide a place for people to come in contact with the ideas of others who have a shared a common interest. Also, by living in the dormitories, and sharing a common eating area there could be a place for people to be exposed to the thoughts of others. These are just a few contact zones that I believe could exist within the culinary community.

No comments:

Post a Comment