Thursday, January 15, 2009

Response: Fight for the Right to Save a Life

I thoroughly enjoyed this essay, mostly because I can really relate to the topic. Though I can still donate blood, I have quite a few friends who cannot due to the laws put in place by the FDA. I have seen how demoralizing it can be to a persons demeanor when they feel they are being treated unequally.

More to the point though, I believe Schmidt exemplified good writing in this essay due to her detailed investigation of the discrimination against gay men who have had sexual relations with other men. In providing a moderately large list of cited sources to back up her point, I feel she attains more credibility. Aside from the cited sources, Schmidt also put her emotion into the writing, thereby giving it more appeal to the reader -to me, this is good writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment