Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Fight for the Right to Save a Lfe"

Kaitlin Leonard

Rhetoric 2 section 19

1/15/09

When reading “Fight for the Right to Save a Life,” I found it to be very well written. I thought that it was going to literally be about fighting and saving someone’s life. When actually reading it felt that the title fit very well in that people who are fighting for their lives need other people to save them. Whether it be in the way of a doctor saving your life, or just another one of your average Joe’s off the street donating blood for a good cause. I thought that it was good because the facts that were mentioned in it made me think more about it. Why is it that we discriminate against all gays? They have no reason to make all gays not give blood, jus the ones who are HIV positive. I think that if your gay then you should be able donate blood because you are not infected with anything you’re just gay. I also like the amount of research that Rebecca Schmidt put into this story, because it makes the story much more true and makes you feel worse about what they are actually doing with discriminating the gay’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment