Friday, January 16, 2009

Response to Fight for the Right

Overall, I enjoyed this essay and the topic it brought up. I don't often hear about the issues related to giving blood and what determines if someone is able to donate. I agree in what the author was saying in that it could be considered discrimination and needs to be changed. It isn't fair for those who want to donate, but can't because of their sexual preferance. These issues are all very important and I thought she did a good job of "bringing them to bear." Firsts she grabbed my attention with the facts and stated the issue, then went more indepth And explained the laws and regulations, which I find to be discriminitory. She noted that the blood supply in America is low and an increase of 5% of the population donating blood would help solve this issue. The FDA's laws on blood donation limit more than 10% of the population, the 10% which might help to solve this major issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment