Thursday, January 15, 2009

Response to "Fight for the Right"

I found “Fight for the Right to Save a Life” by Rebecca Schmidt to be a very interesting yet informing essay. This piece of writing was filled with a lot of information protesting the restriction of gay men for donating blood. Not only did the author state her opinion on the subject but she also gave her readers information on both sides of the argument in order to us to form our own opinion. I enjoyed reading Schmidt’s essay because she stated her opinion and gave her reasoning behind her view without trying to convince the reader that it was the right view. Even with the amount of detail given, Schmidt made the information appealing to me and other readers by using statistics and studies that were conducted recently. These studies and statistics attracted my attention because they pertained to my life rather than in the past. After I finished reading the essay I was presented with amount of references used in this essay. This impressed me because it shows that the author did a lot of research in order to fully provide her readers with an abundance of and correct information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment