Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Contact Zone

I, like Rob, consider the culinary community to be a community that I belong to. The contact zone, however, for me is not just in the kitchen but through cookbooks and TV networks, like the Food Network. The contact zone for me is not just physical contact and interaction between chefs, but the sharing of ideas, wherever that may take place. I know that for me, just seeing chefs on TV and also up close and personal, I am able to draw from there ideas then in turn shell out my own ideas and creations and share with the rest of the culinary community. The kitchen, like Rob said, is also a perfect example of a contact zone in the culinary community because chefs are sharing ideas, or competing in some instances, but either way ideas are being shared and the community is developing and changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment