Thursday, January 15, 2009

Entangling Roots Response

I agree with Jeff Lessard's stance that using video games in excess is a detriment to physical and mental health. I think a majority of people who witness these "addicts" would agree how obvious it is that playing video games is the catalyst for such massive social awkwardness. Growing up, I always heard the potential mind-rotting effect of video games, and I assumed it was just old-school fallacies. Apparently not. My dad and all his angry rants seemed to be true. Video games ARE rotting peoples minds, enough to the point where they commit suicide over a non-existent female character. 
I enjoy playing certain video games. And many other sane people do as well. My opinion is not that all video games are bad, or that anyone who is into video games is some sort of social goon. I just agree with Lessard's stance that video games in massive excess will make you go nuts and become a social outcast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment